Forum: Bryce

Subject: CPU (full load) usage changes depending on the scene file?

AgentSmith opened this issue on Jul 27, 2008 · 10 posts

Analog-X64 posted Sun, 27 July 2008 at 12:52 PM

Its a known fact that AMD CPU's run hotter than their Intel counterparts.

Which is why I put more effort in cooling on my AMD CPU Systems.

1. I use Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound between my CPU and HeatSink/Fan the Ceramique is not conductive so safer to work with.  The Arctic Silver 3 is metalic in nature and conductive.  Both products are one of the best CPU to Heat Sink transfer compounds but the Ceramique is the safer version.  Note of Caution too much or too little of the compound will reduce its effectivince.

2. I still dont trust liquid cooling methods.. so I try to purchase Low CFM Fans with TMD Type of Motors.    So as an example on my Production PC I have the follwing.

3. CPU Fan.

4. Heating Pipe + Fan for Video Card

5. Front Chassis Fan.

6. 2 Rear Cooling fans this is in addition to what my PSU Fan.

7. I use OCZ Dual Channel Ram for performance and the fact that they come with Heat Sinks.

6.  Additional Heat Sinks on other Components that you would not normally apply any fans.

Notice the various sizes of these heatsinks?? They come with special adhesive at the bottom which not only allows the heatsink to stay on the chip, but to act as a Heat Transfer compound.

I have safely overclocked an AMD Barton 3200+ 1.8Ghz CPU to 2.1Ghz and the BIOS Reports it to be running like a 3700+