Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free Environment Sphere/Dome props and Effects Shaders

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jul 29, 2008 · 156 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 9:35 AM

Next week I'll publish some tools you can use to make an IBL for your scenes, using only Poser. It's a prop with a special shader, and a camera setting.

You set up an environment sphere, rotate it how you want it, and apply effects if desired. You load the special prop and camera settings, render, and save the resulting IBL probe. Then you load it into a light.

Optionally, you load up big props like buildings and ground cover, trees, cars, whatever you want to include in the environmental lighting. You light them using the first probe. Then you render a second probe that includes these other surrounding props. In the end you have a custom IBL probe that includes the sky and stuff from the photo, as well as the big props you've put in the scene.

It usually takes less than 5 minutes and you'll get perfect matching, regardless of how you spin the environment sphere, or what special effect you put on the sky.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)