Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free Environment Sphere/Dome props and Effects Shaders

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jul 29, 2008 · 156 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 30 July 2008 at 12:18 PM

Here's an example, using my new IBL techniques. I used one of Seb Przd's photos from flickr.com - a kitchen. (This is the same image that has the clock and plenty of words in it - very useful for demonstrating that a real PHOTO *can* be loaded and rendered directly, with no previous manipulation, if the environment sphere is built correctly.)

The lighting is very subdued and yellow. There is a ceiling mounted light fixture with 4 bulbs, and the walls are yellow. The cabinets and appliances are white, but the lighting makes them look cream colored. I generated and loaded an IBL image, and I also set up a dim, yellow spot light from above. (Necessary for speculars, and also because the original photo is LDR, not HDR, so the hot spot information from the light bulbs are missing in the photo.)

I placed Simon into the scene, applied VSS shaders to him, and rendered.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)