Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Animation

stagehand opened this issue on Aug 03, 2008 · 12 posts

operaguy posted Mon, 04 August 2008 at 11:02 PM

suggestion: a serious workflow standard in animation is to render your frames at the very highest resolution you can afford, and save the frames as individual files in one of various raw formats. That means NO compression whatsoever on your master frames. This is called "lossless". You also get the alpha channel and other channels to play with outside your render engine.

This workflow gives you ultimate flexibility. You have a folder sitting there, called "an image sequence" that can be read by any serious composite/postproduction software.

Your 3D software and its render engine are not going to be top flight in composite/compression/editing; that is not its prime mission and cannot be expected to perform as well as purpose-built applications designed to take an image sequence and manipulate it.

I use QuicktimePro ($29), AfterEffects ($bucks) and SwishVideo3 ($50 http://www.swishzone.com/index.php )  for post-processing. Somethimes I also use photoshop and apply a filter/effect and create and action that applies it automatically to each frame in the image sequence folder. There are others, as mentioned above, including some free ones.

Once you get into this workflow you are not likely to go back to attempting to go straight to a Flash or Quicktime or WMV or AVI clip right out of Poser.

::::: Opera :::::

P.S. I hightly reccommend SwishVideo for rendering .flv or .swf files (Flash). It is great.