Forum: Community Center

Subject: How did you come across Renderosity.com?

Mooch opened this issue on Jul 18, 2008 ยท 34 posts

MikeJ posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:42 PM

Seems to me the boxed retail of Poser 4 I bought when it was still MetaCreations had poserforum.com listed on the registration page or something. That was the name before Renderosity. ( and that's a rather long story, to say the least)

That led me here, and in varying degrees I've been around ever since.

I got all into Poser, which led me to Vue, which led me to working for these people here, which led me to becoming pissed off at everybody at the time, which led me to leave, but in the meantime led me into other 3D software which has become far more interesting, especially considering Poser's penchant for being content at the bottom, while ignoring its massive potential, while being bought/sold/bought/sold, with minor bursts of development in between....

Wow, major run-on sentence.

I try to leave, really I do, but I know I can always at least get some good entertainment from simply reading through a few posts here in the Poser forum when I'm bored (like right now).
It reminds me of the late '90's when I used to go into the 14 year old kids chat rooms on AOL and tell them their favorite band sucked, but with alot fewer misspelled four-letter words. ;-)