Forum: Vue

Subject: New monitors ???

Trepz opened this issue on Aug 18, 2008 · 22 posts

garyandcatherine posted Mon, 18 August 2008 at 3:49 PM

I have a 24" Dell WS monitor and absolutely love it.  It took me 2 weeks to get over the CRT feel but once I did, well like jgmart said, I will never go back.

If you use your monitor for other functions as well, such as video games, just make sure it has a FAST draw/refresh rate.  Mine is 5 ms (milliseconds).  A fast monitor is absolutely essential if you play intense FPS games--especially online FPS games.  Nothings worse than gettin fragged by some dumb schmo because your monitor couldn't keep up with you.

BTW--I am drooling all over my desk at what jgmart has got.

One other thing, make sure your monitor can support high resolutions.    I would bet jgmarts cant go above 1080.  While it might be ok for 3d apps, it would suck for Photoshop,painter etc where you absolutely must work in high res.

My dell is set to 1900x1440 and that is more than enough for my 3d and 2d needs.  Also, make sure you get one that supports resolution settings that are compatable with  your graphics card or if you are going to be upgrading your card then make sure it's not overkill.  No sense in paying for a monitor that supports 3000x2500 settings if you will never use it that high or ever get a graphics card that will go that high.

I would love to know what you finally settle upon.  Give us a pic of it when you get it hooked up.

GL

G.