Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

bagginsbill opened this issue on Nov 08, 2007 · 245 posts

xanaman posted Wed, 20 August 2008 at 10:52 AM

Hi Robinsveil,

Thanks for the compliments (and BagginsBill, too).  We'll get this thing figured out or die trying!

The url for the VSS thing is toward the bottom of this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2737823&page=4

I messed around with it a bit last night without success, mostly because I don't know what I'm doing, I'm sure.  I'm not that familiar with python scripts, so I'm sure I just didn't know where to look for the loaded buttons.  BagginsBill explains the process toward the middle of page 11 of that forum, so I'll give it another go when I get home from work.

There's a saying, "Knowing is knowing that you don't know", and that has become my philosophy with Poser.  Just when I thought that I was on top of things because I could group polygons together to make pantyhose, I quickly realized that I don't really know anything...yet.  I am, however, light years beyond where I was when I first picked up the program.  After fiddling around with Poser for two years or so, I've come to understand a couple of things.  One, there really isn't any good published material for Poser.  Oh sure, there are books.  I've got them.  They are large and full of pictures, but they don't really tell you how to go about doing the things that you really want to do (like grouping polygons together and assigning textures to a V4 model to make pantyhose).  That's why these forums are a valuable resource, which leads me to my second point.  There isn't enough time in the world to learn this stuff if you aren't able to dedicate every waking moment to it.  For this reason, I'm willing to bet that BagginsBill has come back to our time from some distant future to share his knowledge with the rest of us.  Thank you BagginsBill.  Your sacrafice is very much appreciated!

Xan