Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help! Major amphibiage problem!

coldrake opened this issue on Sep 19, 1999 ยท 33 posts

Maz posted Tue, 21 September 1999 at 3:17 AM

I haven't had a chance to look at the pcf file yet (I'll download it today assuming I can find it) but even then I won't be able to decode it because I don't have the Zygote bullfrog figure. I seem to remember the last time anybody had an access denied message it was because one of the files was read only. I never saw the offending file at the time so I'm not sure of the exact details and it's a bit puzzling because the only file Mover writes to is the new obj file you're trying to create. The access denied message is generated by Windows, not Mover, which is why it's in coldrake's snazzy font and the Mover stuff isn't. The range check error sounds like Mover is trying to write a non-ASCII text character to the new obj file which implies a corruption of the pcf file. You can't write anything in the top slot, it reads the pcf header file and is just there to tell you which seed file you should be using. On further thinking about the Mac/PC differences, this would not generate this error. It would just give an obj file that wouldn't work. That will be fixed soon anyway.