Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

bagginsbill opened this issue on Nov 08, 2007 ยท 245 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 20 August 2008 at 11:15 AM

Hi guys - I'm at work and kinda busy but I'm popping in to give a quick tip or two.

The VSS downloads are here: http://poserbagginsbill.googlepages.com/vsshomepage

VSS is in beta and there are bugs, but it works pretty good for some people. I will eventually get around to working on it again.

VSS preview release 1 (PR1) was the first version and you should download that to install everything. VSS preview release 2 (PR2) was a replacement of just a couple things, so you want to download that and replace what it replaces.

Testers pointed out that my lights (and corresponding shader settings) for PR1 were too hot. So PR2 corrects that in the shader, but I didn't post new lights. When using the PR1 lights with PR2 shaders, cut all intensities in half. Of course, you can and should use your own favorite lights as well.

I know it is a lot to read, but the thread identified by Xan there is a must read. Every problem you're going to encounter was already encountered by somebody else, and what to do about it (if anything) is in there.

Some folks apparently have never ever seen the Poser Python buttons window. This is very surprising to me. It's like not knowing about the cloth room. Anyway, use menu item Window/Python Scripts to see them, or press Ctrl-Shift-O.

I'm not happy with the Python button interface and I'm working on alternatives, but Poser is really lacking in the user-extensible UI department. I've built a Poser Python web-based application server that let's you talk to my scripts using a browser. But it's not ready for public consumption yet, and I haven't integrated VSS into it either. I'm now looking into Flex which looks pretty cool and works nicer than an HTML-only interface.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)