Forum: Vue

Subject: New monitors ???

Trepz opened this issue on Aug 18, 2008 · 22 posts

jgmart posted Sat, 23 August 2008 at 7:44 AM

Hey Paul - I have the same issue. My card is older then yours though - it’s a 7600 series, but I thought that was my problem with the resolution. I had checked out all the audio/visual forums - most of what they were talking about made no sense to me - but one thing that I kept seeing was, connecting with an HDMI cable vs. the VGA was the better option. So, I bought an another HDMI cable (I use one already to connect my tv to the cable box) I hooked it up to the card and the tv but I couldn’t get it to work right.  Since I have no patience at all I switched back to the VGA - now I just keep the resolution at 768. If I’m just painting in Painter or something and I don’t care about text, I’ll set it to higher resolution. I have the smaller monitor I can use when I’m just surfing the web and don’t want the TV on and I leave that at the higher resolution.

Like I said, I have no patience so I settle for the resolution I’m getting - but I’m sure there must be an answer for this - from all the stuff I read I felt it had something to do with that HDMI connection, not sure...

You’re a gamer too so I’m sure you want awesome resolution - I don’t blame you. Sorry I can’t be of more help to you buddy .

pic of my setup attached - sorry it's blurry, I just snapped it quick with my webcam - but it'll give you an idea of my setup -