Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I'm a Runtime newbie... couple of questions

Darkworld opened this issue on Aug 27, 2008 · 10 posts

Realmling posted Wed, 27 August 2008 at 4:11 PM

Plan out just how you want to set things up first...then go through and do it. I'm sure mine is probably over-organized....but it works for what I do.

I have my runtimes organized by figure (with all clothing and such specific to each figure), separate ones for animals/creatures so I can only load what I feel like playing with be it fantasy or real, one for just hair so I'm not digging through each figure runtime, props are divided up by category so I only have to load the runtime in Poser for what I need each render. I also have things divided into commercial and noncommercial use.

So, basically I have something along the lines of:  

Poser Runtimes --> Commercial --> David --> (all specific files for David)
Poser Runtimes --> Commercial --> Props-Buildings --> (props for interior/exterior building things)
etc

And on and on it goes. I keep the runtimes I use pretty much every time always loaded up in Poser, and add and subtract others as needed for various projects. The fewer runtimes you have Poser load, the faster it will go at start up...but on my new machine, I don't really notice it that much if most of them are kept in.

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~