Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Another Virus

FlyByNight opened this issue on Aug 27, 2008 · 76 posts

MKeyes posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 3:18 AM

Quote -
Allright, look.

Honey listen, I get the psychology of this and why you're doing it. Good for you. Everyone has that something something that ticks their boxes to give them a high ride on the righteous commontary to defend. Good for you... nice to know I've given you purchase for a place to set your soapbox.

However, having a few websites of my own, where people frequent - a forum or two as well - it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to know what's going on at my websites! That's what you do when you have them, you check them, the reports and you listen to complaints that come in and investigate. A virus is a very serious matter - people are busy with a lot on their minds. It is very easy for someone to stumble in and not know about something that is my RESPONSIBILITY to know about and warn THEM ABOUT if I know it could cause them some type of cyber danger to their systems. Some people cannot afford to have their systems wrecked. If I find that there is something wrong - I send a newsletter out IMMEDIATELY - so they are aware. I warn what to look for - what not to do - so they are aware. That's my responsibility.

I expect no less from them here. The size of this place and the traffic does not matter - this is a business - and a serious one - they depend on people to come here and buy things! I for one love the place, but just because they do WHAT THEY ARE HERE TO DO - doesn't mean that their ass should be caressed when they drop the ball by not seeing to the safety of those who TRUST  -  RENDEROSITY!!!  As I always have.

{ I } - should not have to tell anyone JACK! That is NOT my responsibility! But theirs!!! Take responsibility for your business and structure it to TRY and protect those you depend on to grow it and keep it thriving. And as for your comment on THEY HOST MY IMAGES!!! You cannot possibly be so naive as to believe that they don't get something out of that? The gallery is the best promo tool for the merchants there is going ... they know that!

Renderosity has just as much responsibility to their customers as any REAL LIFE store that knows there is a threat to their clientele. Period ... enough said!

So I am going to leave my comment at that.