Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4 In 3DSMax --- Need some advice and tips.....

operaguy opened this issue on Aug 26, 2008 · 156 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sat, 30 August 2008 at 11:18 PM

Quote - > Quote -

While all of the above is true, before you go on thinking I'm clueles about max, I need to clarify that my question to Operaguy was within the scope of specific items that he was interested in, and not a comparison of Max Vs. Cararra. Operaguy is interested in non-photorealistic animations made with use of poser content, and not full featured use of Max's abilities, AFAIK. So, within scope of his interests, I was curious where Cararra fell short.

Fair enough regarding your carrara comparison.  I didn't necessarily think you were clueless about max, but I've learned that when dealing with Poser enthusiasts, you do come to find  a lot of dissemination of  misinformation regarding higher-end applications.  Many Poser users seem to assume that only Poser can do certain things, or do certain things more efficiently than higher-end applications, which is usually untrue when you get down to it.  Conforming clothing is one example that I see mentioned a lot.  People tend to think that only poser has this kind of thing, and all clothing in high end apps is dynamic.  Strange.

I've seen a lot of poser enthusiasts complain that high-enders don't take them seriously... Some of them actually think that poser does more then max???   :blink:   I think I need to go pinch myself!

I saw your comment about max and JCM type morphs. I have to preface this with a stement that most of my max experience is architectural and engineering modeling, and I never rigged a character. (I do poser clothing rigging when I have to because I like modeling clothes for Poser content)

Anyway, just conceptually, do max JCM's work similar as Poser? I always thought that the technique would be a lot more advanced then a JCM concept and that transfering a poser JCM which is created to correct poser's wonky rigging would be pretty useless in max, since the rigging would be different.  Am I totally off in thinking this?

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support