Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with Poser 7 crash, please...

JenX opened this issue on Sep 07, 2008 ยท 44 posts

nruddock posted Sun, 07 September 2008 at 5:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html

> Quote - Are there other recommended settings for the above? > > I also have this same problems using a GeForce 8600 and I have to use SreedD to stop the crashes.

Those settings are as low as you can get.

Double check your using the latest drivers (maybe even reinstall, as Windows updates can disturb the OpenGL libraries).

Most likely you'll need to goto the NVidia settings app and adjust a few things.
Unfortunately I don't have an NVidia card, so I've no idea what the options / settings are called.
As mentioned before, you may be able to create a profile for Poser, in which case you can experiment without affecting other programs.
Windows has it's own setting for the hardware acceleration level, which you can try tweaking down a step at a time to if the crashes stop (unfortunately this is a global setting, but if lowering it helps, it probably indicates that tweaking the driver specific settings will also help).

The attached link has some documentation on a (older I think) version of of the NVidia CP applet which might help if you don't have anything more helpful.