Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: you all ready for the black hole?

dorkmcgork opened this issue on Sep 09, 2008 · 92 posts

Plutom posted Wed, 10 September 2008 at 10:23 AM

Oh yes, just wait until the Internation Linear Collider  (ILC) is built.  That beast takes a laser that blast Electrons from gallium arsenide, converts half of those puppies into positrons, then smashing the electron and positron packets into each other and viewing the results in the resulting annilation.

The difference between the LHC and the ILC, the former is a sledge hammer in cracking the atom, the latter is a scapel diving deeper into the soup.  Jan

Where did I get that information-could say I discovered it all by myself-YEAH RIGHT!  I grabbed a hold of Scientific American magazine Feb 2008 issue.  It has a superb series of articles on the stuff that I had to read about 30 times to partially understand.

First approach:  The article had English words, proper sentence and paragraph formation.  I understood each word and what it suppose to mean, when I got to the end of the sentence, that's when I had to go back and re read it around 30 times.  Then the paragraph, yep another 30 times, then the complete articles, yep another round of re reads--sort of like studying advanced University math courses and dropping the classes shortly after.  Jan