Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT 9/11 Where were you?

orbital opened this issue on Sep 11, 2008 · 40 posts

tom271 posted Thu, 11 September 2008 at 1:21 PM

I was laying down on the couch when my mother woke me up and turned on the television.....  At first I thought it was only a fire in the tower and thought about the movie "inferno"...   But then I heard the announcer say it was a terrorist act...   Then about 10 minutes later I saw the second tower get hit...   I went into mental and emotional shock then numb...  I just did not know what to make of the whole thing it...   Later that morning I walked downtown along riverside park with a small group of people from the U.W.S. to withing a short distance of the Twin Towers..  There was a strange silence that seem to accompany me and the others...   We walked while keeping our eyes upwards towards the towers fallowing the black thick smoke..

How could this country's defense system allow three planes to fly in circles for around two hours in two of the biggest and most populated city in the world  without one challenge..   Where were our defense protocols ?.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------