Forum: Blender

Subject: ShrinkWrap - the Clothing Modeler's Best Friend

SickleYield opened this issue on Sep 10, 2008 · 33 posts

210x2 posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 4:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - Lol,  first of all SickleYield, don't ever be worried over what DAZ thinks, says and or does. If that company were any more full of sh!t, they would have to apply for a sewage treatment plant license to stay in business.

putting on coordinator hat  Renderosity does care if you violate DAZ's or anyone else's license agreement/copyright.

That said, I personally don't think this could tool produces anything similar enough to the mesh you're shrink-wrapping for them to complain about, or at least no more than any other method of clothing creation.

Don’t forget the Daz brown nose, it seems part of the standard uniform for Rendo Moderators/Coordinators, plus it goes nicely with the hat.  Again, this whole episode stems from a heated thread discussion at Daz forums, not Daz3d’s EULA. It’s comical, your second paragraph completely contradicts the first one. Your second paragraph is loosely along the same lines as my argument. As long as a person does not redistribute Daz’s legal property (their meshs), Daz does not have a leg to stand on in any justified argument. If some one uses a retopo tool to create exact vertex by vertex copy of a Daz mesh than that would be a clear violation of their EULA, they have every right to not allow that. That is stealing their property, no different that just simply copying the mesh (just  a lot more time consuming). That is not the case here, or in any similar argument. They can bitch and moan all they want, there is nothing illegal or unethical about shrink wrapping. They do not have the right to impose on the 3d world what tools we choose to use, regardless of what Rendo cares about.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  My god man, who died and made Daz the lord emperor of the 3d world. What should we do when Daz comes down from the mountain to issue their commandments. Shall we all lay down in the street and wait patiently for Dan Farr to come by and run us all over with his riding lawnmower, please. You can drink their kool-aid all you want, I’ll pass, Thanks.