Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WIP- Is this character done?

fiontar opened this issue on Jun 25, 2001 ยท 14 posts

fiontar posted Tue, 26 June 2001 at 12:07 AM

Thanks for all of the comments! :-) I may fiddle with the sword some more. Not only the ratios of lengths of various elements, but more texturing. I think it balances well in the hand as is, but maybe the blade should be a little longer in relation to the length of the hilt? I don't know. The grip of a sword in the hand can be hard to get just right in Poser. I do have a real sword here and I find it balances well in my grip with a similar orientation to what is seen here, but I'll work on it for the final pose. :-) Depth of field is possible with some post work. You can render masks in Bryce for that. The scene itself is temporary right now. I have some ideas for the first real scene, I'll see how depth blur looks when I get to that point. The mask is very cool, I also like the way it frames her eyes. It's hard to see, but there is a metal band that can be seen just above the mask that covers her forehead and runs back through her hair. I envision that the mask/helm attaches to that. As it comes, there is nothing it is attached to and I thought this would be an o.k. solution with out changing the nature of the item. When in doubt, "it's a magic item and that's one of it's features"! ;-) William, if I add anything near term, it will likely be jewelry. I hadn't thought of spiral jewelry for the upper arms! That may be something I can do and will make them look a little less vulnerable if I don't go ahead and just make upper arm armour. :-) I hope that now that the details of the figure have been worked out, I'll be able to do a series of images with her. I know I will want to create some companions for her, not sure whether that will be sooner or later. I already have some ideas for the first scenes, now I've got to work out the best way to do them! Thanks again! :-)