Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is She Still Butt Ugly?

dphoadley opened this issue on Sep 14, 2008 · 60 posts

patorak posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 10:38 AM

*Once or twice. Face_off insists the "big boys" don't need no help from a stinking Poserite. Anyway, I don't use any of those apps, although I've tried using Kerkythea, and making materials in Kerky. Totally different paradigm, so it's hard to translate what I do in Poser to other apps. They always have "knob" ways of doing things, instead of letting me just do the math myself. So if they don't have the kind of math I'm doing built into some shader module, I can't even do it.

I've been playing with Filter Forge, however. Very interesting and Poser-like. You string together nodes and they make color maps, bump maps, specular maps, and so on, which you can then drop into your rendering engines. You can do serious math with FF, and it has things built into it that even Poser nodes don't have.

Hey Bill

Talent is talent.  Whether it's Maya or Poser,  Corel Paint or MS Paint it makes no difference,  the program doesn't define the artist. 

That being said,  I'm sure the "big boys" would appreciate your talent. 

Anyways,  I'm glad you are working with filter forge as this will serve as a bridge to the high end apps.  And I look forward to purchasing the library you create.

BTW I'm working on a project and could really use your help.  Would you mind if I sent you a PM about it.