Forum: Bryce

Subject: OT: Animation Cant make Format Decision.

Analog-X64 opened this issue on Sep 26, 2008 · 15 posts

50parsecs posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 2:34 AM

Whatever format, or aspect ratio you choose; I also can vouch for the use of rendering to bmp. If you have a long animation, and a storm, or accident, or an occasional burp by the local power grid interrupts your "juice", you still have the bitmap seq stills already rendered safe in a file.  Unlike a video file, you can resume rendering the rest of the file. I render in stills, and I have some hefty APC surge/ battery things. It's really helped to preserve my computers. Quite a few reasonably priced apps can convert  bmp sequences into a video file. Maybe there's even a freeware app out there that I'm not aware of. Of, course, I'm not sure which video app you're using, so you may already have it covered if you try this method.

Another cool thing to consider is that if you are used to image editors, you can easily rotoscope a quick added animation, such as lightning, or a blaster beam, Hey, if it's good enough for ICM, it's good enough for me. Postwork to accentuate your Bryce animation is totally legit, especially for a rock video. You can just adjust your lighting animation to synch with your video. I just render to thirty fps, uncompressed, and start from there. It is quite easy to convert to any needed framerate too, It is always, a great idea to back-up your uncompressed original source, and compress copies of it from there. I recommend trying different video compression schemes. Some schemes can really get your file sizes down, but they tend to smear or destroy the reds.

Oh, and one last thing, I think that rendering at the higher frame rates(60-120) would be "overkill' that would gain you very little for your extra render times. It might be fun to post some animation ideas. Good luck, and have fun.