Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with Poser 7 crash, please...

JenX opened this issue on Sep 07, 2008 · 44 posts

Klebnor posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 3:25 PM

nico4:

I use the "clear the cache" method, and it works well for me.  I find I only have to do it once, at the beginning of a session.  Once I load a figure and move it, I do not have a problem from then on.  If Poser is going to dump me out, it does it then or not at all.  I save before rendering (if I've made substantial changes) but that's just a habit.

I use P7 SP3 and believe the crashes are related to either video card memory addressing problems or page file conflict caused by the confusing undo information in the cache from a previous session.

I also made the setting change to let the application control Open GL settings, but didn't see any change in the problem.  I run a Geforce 8600 GT.

Once you load a figure (and apply texture) see if you can move it without crashing.  If so, I don't have a problem from then on.  At least that's my experience.  If I'm going to crash, it generally happens when I try to zoom or move the camera, or touch the character after loading.

Good luck.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.