Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: In praise of Poser hair/cloth/reflections...and Hisaom the kimono maker [animati

operaguy opened this issue on Oct 14, 2008 · 12 posts

devilsreject posted Thu, 16 October 2008 at 2:04 PM

Quote - I did not "forget" collision and yes the hair goes thru the mesh. Does this really upset you?

Nope.  But while you pointed out some other obvious flaws, you failed to mention the hair.  Considering the title of this thread is "in praise of Poser hair..." I felt compelled to ask.

Quote - It's not a rumor, it is correct. I have written about it many times. Poser's collision cannot be accomplished without jitter. I have collision turned off in this animation for two reasons, a) to save time; b) the jitter is distracting.

Yes, I imagine jitter is very distracting, but so is hair passing through one's head.  Seems Poser's dynamic hair does not deserve much praise after all. ;-)

Quote - Also, if you care about this hair jitter problem, instead of a sour attitude, why don't you demonstrate some sort of contribution to a solution or an alternative program, other than Maya or Max.

Why other than Maya or Max?  I don't own C4D or Lightwave, although I can probably find examples of these on youtube.

Quote - **Now, do you have anything positive to say about this beautiful kimono and its artist or any other aspects of the poser's strength in dynamics and relfection?

::::: Opera :::::**

I think the kimono is nice.  Dynamics for that look good.  As for it's "strength" in reflection... I'm not sure what's so great about it.  It's basic raytraced reflections I see there.  Any 3D program with raytracing can produce the same effect, and probably much faster.  Why do you consider that a strength of the application?