Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

bagginsbill opened this issue on Nov 08, 2007 · 245 posts

Acadia posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 5:20 PM

Quote - Instead of mucking around with the group tool with, the easiest thing to do for V4 is this:

1 - Go to the material editor room and paste bagginsbill's pantyhose texture dials to the hip group. 
2 - Assign the torso texture from your prefered character by changing the texture file to the correct torso file (not the limbs file).
3 - Fiddle with the dials and settings until you get the desired effect, then copy all of the settings to the leg and foot (or shin and others if you using something other than V4)
4 - Change the leg and foot textures from torso texture to the limbs texture for your prefered character.

Done!

Yes, that's essentially what is being done by assigning different material zones.

However, when you don't assign the different material zones like I'm doing, when  bagginsbill's stocking shader is applied, it will also apply to the hip in a pantyhose style, which I don't want. I just want the legs and feet, not the actual hip/crotch/waist area.

But what I don't understand is why I was able to do it with V4.1 using a different skin texture for the image that I have in my gallery.  Before when I did it, I assigned the lower legs and feet to one material zone, and the upper legs to another. And it worked.   I know it worked because I did an image and I also helped someone on the telephone to set up their V4.1 in the exact same way that I had and it also worked for them.  I didn't have to set up 3 different zones dividing the thighs in half.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi