Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue7 closing in...

bruno021 opened this issue on Oct 17, 2008 · 85 posts

melikia posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 4:50 PM

2ni - sorry about the humor of those with infinite... they either never had to deal with pro studio, or they forgot about it ;)  (pokin the infinite folks and giggling - j/k folks, strange sense of humor today)

pro studio consumes more resources than either infinite OR esprit (personal experience with PLE and esprit versus pro studio), and as such, crashes faster, harder, and more often.  (yes, my own theory, but i dare any of you folks to take the test and find out the real reason why pro crashes so much ;)  seriousely - the part of me that's feline is dieing of curiosity!)

plant editor doesnt crash mine consistantly, but it DOES crash it.  there is one thing that will always crash mine, so i dont even do it anymore - and couldnt tell you if they fixed it in the last update or not.

thing is, everyone's systems are different - like our bodies, our computers tend to one-of-a-kinds - even those bought from dell, etc.  we put our own stuff on them, etc.  so, while MY computer crashes vue every single time i try to create two or more projected texture maps in a scene without saving and restarting vue,... YOURS seems to hate your plant editor.  Tom's (fictitional person) Vue might crash most often loading spotlights.

you see?

the bugs may be present in every single copy of vue... but some systems seem to "react" differently - no matter how much memory you have, or what OS you are using.

thank you for being one of the ones to send off bug reports =D  i DO hope they work out more of the mac-version bugs for you guys on that "other" system ;)

oh, and i have pro studio, with XP pro 64, and 4gigs ram.  hopefully - soon to be 8 gigs of ram... wheeeeeeeee!

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O