Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue7 closing in...

bruno021 opened this issue on Oct 17, 2008 · 85 posts

jartz posted Sat, 18 October 2008 at 11:25 PM

I got the newsletter myself and are in the bandwagon with the other posters.

To me, it all seems so vague, don't you just love it when they keep you in suspense -- that is until the wallet weeps.

I noticed that they changed a lot of gears: once was Vue Easel, now we'll be having "Pioneer" (I bought Vue 5 Easel and had a free upgrade to 6) to Complete --  I too am wondering, will this be the new Infinite or will it be a 'shorthand' edition to Infinite, hence the promoting of users Small Studio (Complete) and Professional (Infinite).

I went on and sidegraded to Vue 6 Esprit which was the beginning of '07 when it was still from beta to stable.  Other than that, in my opinion, it was a real tough act to follow in turns of working with the program and its apparent crashes, just like 2ni has mentioned.

Granted the prices are are something to behold here --

(since Pioneer [once was Easel] is the lowest of the bunch, Esprit and Pro stayed the same in price, Complete a whole new shiny baby in itself, and now Infinite all the way to XStream is enormous),

--but the question remains will V7 of all version will be the creme-de-la-creme than version 6 -- that's the true verdict here.

I just got my Dell XPS 410, Core 2 Duo, 2 Gig, GeForce 7300 LE/NVidia 128MB as a birthday present an will power up with 2 more Gigs to make it 4Gbs of Ram -- so keeping my fingers crossed.

We shall wait and see.

P.S.:  I'm anxious to know how the radiosity looks in the new version and will it be implimented to (if it's true) Pioneer, Esprit up to Xstream...

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x