Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

bagginsbill opened this issue on Nov 08, 2007 · 245 posts

bagginsbill posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 10:07 AM

Quote - Is there any way to Make Stocking Tops, as in much earlier posts, using Group Editor?

How about some way to add Fish Net to the stockings?

You could do it that way. If you made a selection of a ring of polygons above the knee, you could make yet another material for them and set the stocking shader up there with a higher Denier setting. This would make that part of the stocking look more opaque.

Another option is to create something like a transmap for the stockings. This would be a lot of work and you'd have to deal with the seams around the UV map. You'd use this mask to control the Denier. If you set the Denier to a high value, and plugged this map into it, the parts that are white on the map would be high density, and the parts that are a darker shade of gray would be lower density. The particular choices you'd need for white/gray would be tricky but it's possible.

Another option would be to just identify the stocking top in the map and use that to drive a Blender node. In Value_1, you'd plug in the lower leg Denier value using a math node to hold the number. In Value_2, you'd plug in the stocking top Denier value using another math node to hold the value. This setup would let you adjust the relative amounts of the two values independently without having to edit the mask.

For fishnet, you'd do the same thing, except the mask would have to be drawn so that the pattern of strings would appear.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)