Forum: Community Center

Subject: Are prices in the store rising too fast?

drakmanover opened this issue on Oct 16, 2008 · 65 posts

Lucie posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 8:30 PM

But those who are pricing according to "the going rate" rather than an items true worth

How do you calculate an item's true worth though?   I've always found when shopping that while some merchants put a price tag a bit too high for what they offer, others should really think of increasing their prices because for all that is in their pack, for the quality of the content and the amount of work that must have gone in it the price seems way too low, they'll have to get an awful lot of sales to justify the amount of work and the low price...  It kinda even things out I suppose...  

Many merchants do this for a living, prices for their groceries have gone up just like it has gone up for everybody else and while lowering their prices may help them get a few more sales, they have to wonder if those few more sales will be enough to compensate and give them the extra they need to pay their higher bills.  It's a gamble for a merchant, either you lower your prices, don't make as much per sale but maybe get a few more sales, enough to make it worth the lower price or slightly raise your price, not get as many sales because the price is higher, but make a little bit more per sale...  It's always really difficult to find the balance in there.

I agree about the characters, charging big bucks for a character for V4 when there are so many characters for V4 out there may not seem like a good idea, but then, what's really the bad idea? Charging big bucks for it or making it in the first place when one knows the market is already filled with similar packs?  I think even if those prices were chopped in half, the product would still not sell very much (not enough to justify the work that went into it) unless the merchant is really well known for the quality of his/her products and products by those well known merchants would most likely sell well no matter the price tag.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)