Forum: Community Center

Subject: Bad Trick to go with our Treats

Faewolf opened this issue on Oct 20, 2008 · 103 posts

Cimaira posted Mon, 20 October 2008 at 10:45 PM

This is wrong. First it took me over 3 hours to browse the pages and add what I wanted to my cart, I understood this... crowded server.. no problem. Then  I kept getting error pages when I tried to check out, so I just decided to wait and let the traffic slow down and now I am told I have to pay $5.00 to get the freebies???? What kind of BS is this, I'd love to have the things in my cart, and if I had be told up front that there was a $5.00 minimum, that would have been fine also, but I feel like Renderosity pulled a fast one on me, and there fore just out of principle I will probably just empty my cart. Don't get me wrong, the items offered are all well worth $5.00, and more, it's just the idea of saying free... then tacking on a charge, especially since it seems some people managed to get the items without the $5.00 charge. In plain language, this just stinks!

as for those thinking the "Free" was a mistake, it wasn't .. not only was there no mention of a charge on the home page, or the Entry page to the "treats" I recieved a newsletter from Renderosity advertising they ....and I quote.. "lots of free stuff to give out". So no there was no mistake, only the realization by Renderosity that they could make money from the gifts that the vendors intended to be given freely. I say again, this stinks!