Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Trick or Treat: An absolute outrage!!

Scatha opened this issue on Oct 21, 2008 · 20 posts

keihan posted Tue, 21 October 2008 at 7:16 AM

Quote - Yes, it was a shame and R'osity handled it badly. I just emptied my cart and swore that I will never fall for such a flim flam again. I don't have money to spend on (to me) trivialities being that I live on a fixed income. I am always grateful for those freebies and the people who put them up are on my short list of prayers each day.  But what R'osity did, was inexcusable and downright mean. I guess that was the trick... :sad:  First comes the treats... :woot: then the tricks :sad: Guess greed does gets rather lame after a while.

Although I understand the very reasons that everyone is upset and am not excusing the way things were handled, some merchants either make a living off their creations that they sell or supplement their income just so they can make ends meet. Most of us ARE NOT getting rich off our endeavors and also lived on FIXED incomes. We work very hard at creating the items we create and it is offensive to me and to them that you have, in not so many words, spit on the work we do and in our faces by calling  our creations "trivialities".  If you are grateful for those "freebies" that we work VERY VERY hard to create, then you should respect our work and what some of us do to make our income or extra income. The modeling alone on the freebie, that I put up, cost me around 36 work hours of my time and that does not include the texturing, poserizing, and testing which was nearly another 24 work hours. If in, your opinion, our creations that give to our livlihood and feed our families are "trivialities" then consider what your work and job means to you before you use such words to describe ours. Renderosity and the recent issues involving the "trick or treat" scandal aside, it seems you have lumped the merchants into the pool of "greed", you so seem to despise. We also work for a living and we also have "fixed" incomes.

Thank you,
~Will