Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Cautionary news for those who render anime-style?

miikaawaadizi opened this issue on Oct 15, 2008 · 183 posts

donquixote posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 11:47 PM

Quote - I don't quite follow your intended connection here -- a more appropriate metaphor would derive from the fate of the Vale of Siddim -- from which Lot and his daughters had escaped.  BTW - Lot was essentially drugged by his daughters.  At the time, he was unaware of what was happening to him.  In other words: the result wasn't from a voluntary act on Lot's part.  And as for the daughter's part: at the time, they'd just witnessed the total destruction of what, to them, was the entire world.  After which they found themselves living alone in a desolate cave in the wilderness.  So the girls most likely actually believed that they were doing something good.....perhaps even (so they thought) necessary.  So it all follows.

But once again:  the story of Lot and his daughters vs. the effects of current "popular amorality" ties in to the cultural debate in ways that I doubt that you'd anticipate in advance -- or likely appreciate.

Xeno, actually I do appreciate. I especially always do so appreciate your condescending presumptions about my lack of sophistication and understanding. I suspect various others you've debated with appreciate it, too.

My point in bringing up Lot, if you are truly interested, was simply an illustration, i.e., that considerable amorality has always existed, since the beginning of time, in every civilization, both when they were up and when they were down. Sometimes it was largely swept under the rug by the powers that were, and sometimes not so much. If you don't know that, your understanding of history is not as comprehensive as you sometimes imply. That we hear and care so much about such behavior these days is very likely and almost entirely due to the ubiquity of, and universality of, and sensationalistic nature of, our mass media, and a much increased sensitivity to these sorts of issues in recent years, and very likely not much else.