Forum: Community Center

Subject: Are prices in the store rising too fast?

drakmanover opened this issue on Oct 16, 2008 · 65 posts

drakmanover posted Sat, 25 October 2008 at 3:13 PM

You could well be right about that Miss Nancy and I hope you are, lol. I'm UK based and the value of the £ to the $ has fallen around 25% in just a few weeks. That means apart from a tightening of the belt because of rising food & fuel prices, what is left to buy models and software is considerably less. So I would anticipate that UK purchases on Renderosity will plummet over the coming months if they have'nt already. I imagine that the UK has been a happy hunting ground for many Renderosity sellers in the past. My buying habits have had to change dramatically over the last couple of months. I'm taking maximum advantage of what is available on my Daz Passport membership and I'm continually shopping for a good deal before I part with my cash.  So any price reduction is very welcome but it's just as important that the quality of the product meets the value put on it by the seller. I still feel it's often a case of  a "what can I get for it" mentality when it comes to pricing rather than "what it's worth". As there's no "try before you buy" in this market place the present economic climate may well kill off speculative purchases where you might buy a model because you like the look of it rather than you have a use for it. Price reductions though could well be the incentive required to keep people spending.