Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Artistic "Lens"

bagginsbill opened this issue on Oct 29, 2008 · 247 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 30 October 2008 at 10:04 PM

Quote - This worked wonders! You can actually see the features on the face now (I fiddled with lighting for a full day trying to get it to look right...and was about ready to give up on this image) I think I'll be using this for all my renders now...more addicting than chocolate. ^_~

Though I'm wondering if I need to make any adjustments to my normal render settings? I have one infinite light (white) set to raytraced shadows, and my simple color-based IBL. (can post those too if needed)

Hey that really helped, eh? The face is more clearly defined and the hair is just wow in the after picture. That black skin with only some specular is exactly why you need GC. If you added enough light to bring that out, you'd blow out the hair.

I don't think you need to change any settings. Those are good everyday settings. for 90% of all images they work great. You're using RT shadows and simple lighting, one infinite and one IBL.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)