Forum: Bryce

Subject: FYI - Some changes coming in 2009 For Bryce Forum & Gallery

RodsArt opened this issue on Oct 30, 2008 · 121 posts

RodsArt posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 5:34 PM

With responses here and through IM's, I'm glad to have brought this up and am thrilled with the concerns.

To give you all some real "Nuts & Bolts" as far as what has provoked this situation.
Each day I check the gallery to cover Mod duties, here are some of the issues.
(NO NAMES ARE TO BE USED HERE)

Images that have a Bryce based background, the rest of the image is comprised of Photos Cut & Pasted for the main subject matter.

Images Rendered in Bryce and have had so many Filters applied in a 2D editor, you can't tell it's Bryce anymore.

Images that are collages of Bryce renders, Abstracts, 2D editing with text and tubes, etc.

I'm not looking to hammer out every piece that has some postwork or presentation accent.
These are (as stated in many of your responses) the small enhancments that really shocase what Bryce can do.......and whatever it can't do........the forum is here to iron out questions people have to acheive desired results.

There are Great artists here that use Lots of postwork to enhance lighting, DOF, remove Jaggies and Polygon lines, these are fine. If you had a contract with a Publication, (Which we've already seen here) these finished products would be expected to be clean and polished.
No good piece of work is going away from here on those premises.

There are times when I scratch my head as to why an artist chooses Bryce for JUST the render engine, imports a Poser figure, and makes a portrait style image. Poser has a fantastic Render engine and Lighting controls. However, One of the great things about Bryce is that it imports relatively easy, and we can all agree, once you're comfortable with an interface, the workflow and creativity steps up a notch. So it leaves me with a sense of knowing what a Great program this really is.

To be Continued.........

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple