Forum: Bryce

Subject: FYI - Some changes coming in 2009 For Bryce Forum & Gallery

RodsArt opened this issue on Oct 30, 2008 · 121 posts

orbital posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 3:48 AM

I agree in principle with what you say Terry, as my advice to anyone learning Bryce is learn to make your own stuff. The only problem is that many people who are beginners would not join in with the challenges. For me the challenges are a way of learning, especially for the new guys and a great way to get people involved with the community here.
I'll admit when I first started out that I would download models to use in my scenes. But as you get more familiar with the app you can then start to introduce your own stuff. Also for others modelling is either too time consuming when relating to real life issues, and some people can never get the hang of it no matter how hard they try.
As for the postwork issue well it's a tough one to judge. I use postwork and on occasion perhaps I've crossed the line. But in most cases it will be the sky and atmosphere that I tweak and all my models have been made by me with Bryce which time wise is where the majority of my time is spent.
I'm sure ICM'S idea is within the best interests of Bryce. My only concern is that by moving peoples work into another gallery  might cause ructions. We then get a scenario where people start to judge others work to harshly for the use of postwork and end up losing a vital part of the community.

http://joevinton.blogspot.com/