Forum: Bryce

Subject: FYI - Some changes coming in 2009 For Bryce Forum & Gallery

RodsArt opened this issue on Oct 30, 2008 ยท 121 posts

grafikeer posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 9:08 AM

I think we are getting too carried away with this...if we say that to post an image in the Bryce gallery that you cannot use imported figures or objects as a central element in your image,regardless of whether or not you could have created them yourself,then you are stifling the artist's creativity...and if this applies to Bryce,then it had better apply to Vue,Carrara and all other apps that do not allow the creation of figures etc. within them.Are we prepared to go this far?I see where dhama is coming from,and where ICM's points are valid,but Bryce allows the importing of objects,it's part of the application.It allows the use of photos on 2D planes to be inserted in to cut down render time and populate scenes with detail,in fact there are tutorials on this very site that show this.I create models in Bryce,I enjoy the challenge and the creation of a final product,but I also choose to use models from Daz when I feel they work better or cut down on time(which is often a factor in real life).Why can't we simply state what has been done with our image...postwork in various programs,models imported and /or created and what was Bryce in origin and leave it at that?I try to make the viewer aware of all that is not a Bryce application in my upload information so as not to cause confusion for newcomers to the software that can't figure out why they can't find that area of the app to do the same...and I will often explain how I arrived at that point,not to toot my own horn,but to help others to find new areas to explore.A lot of us here,myself included,are not professionals or overly experienced in 3D applications and Bryce has an easy learning curve and interface.Why stifle creativity and possibly deter people from just enjoying making art for arts sake by sticking to a purist ideal.Simply show all that was done both in and out of Bryce,accept that Bryce was the software used to render,and allow the art to stand for itself!