Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Unbelievably Complicated Figure Shader for Apollo Maximus (AMUCFS)

bagginsbill opened this issue on Jun 29, 2007 · 236 posts

bagginsbill posted Sun, 16 November 2008 at 6:33 AM

Quote - bagginsbill
i am looking at the nodes but i can not find the bump on the face.
can you explain how you did the bump on the face or just on the nose?

thanks.

i guess you used spots? but it looks like its rotated.

Ice-boy:

To really understand the shader, you must look at the matmatic script.

It is in Runtime:libraries:Pose:Apollo_UCFS:AMUCFS.mm1.txt

That file is the master file that produces all of the shaders for AMUCFS. There is quite a bit of "intellectual property" in that file and if you want to know how things work, you should study that.

The pores on the nose and cheeks are not from Spots nodes - that would be far too simple.

Look in the script for the "Pores" method. It begins with this:
**# This method generates pores. It was adapted from my Polkadot Matmatic script!
def Pores(n = 200, mask = None):
 # n is how many dots per unit in U and V
That method generates a shader network for the bump and a mask to selectively darken the face where the pores are deepest. It is based on the idea of dividing the UV space into tiny diamond shapes, and assigning a random circle with a random radius and position into each of those diamonds. These random circles are then used to generate thousands of different tornado shaped depressions on the face.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)