Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro 4

Marque opened this issue on Nov 11, 2008 · 78 posts

spod posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 4:17 PM

Mariner:

I only relate my own experience, and cannot speak for any one else.  My prejudices are that I see them doing something that I (a non-programmer and poser hobbyist) thought should have been done long ago.  For instance, why can a much larger lot like the serial Poser owners not handle face room algorithms for more than their included characters?  I also see no reasonable alternative.  I have used the program to generate faces for Aiko, Steph3, V3, V4, M3, Sydney, James, Posette, Judy, Don and V2, and they come into Poser directly, with results as good as anything I have seen from Facegen, at 10 times the upgrade price.  I do not go in much for 'celebrity' likenesses, but the prices on those are pretty stiff.  Finally, it is possible that I do not get as irritated as easily as I should, since I deal with Government officials on a daily basis.  Now that is maddening. 

I get the impression that they are a very small enterprise (1.  Their adverts are often goofy and contradictory, as though the preparer never asked 'how does this communicate?'  2.  The code is apparently addressed to best work in an XP environment, which suggests the programmers are few, and the operation small.)