Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Faceshop Pro 4

Marque opened this issue on Nov 11, 2008 · 78 posts

AbaloneLLC posted Mon, 24 November 2008 at 2:30 PM

Quote - Draw fine 1 pt guidelines on your source image in Photoshop before you import it into Faceshop. Put a line exactly down the center of  forehead down to the middle of lips and chin, make sure you go perfectly through center of nose.(Laslo does state that it is best to get a perfectly posed straight on head shot for best results, he is right - you can find a perfectly positioned shot of almost any major celebrity). Use these guidlines to help place your dots on your image perfectly when you have it imported into FS.( You can go back and remove the fine guidelines from the resulting texture map image later.)
You can actually get PERFECT results  if you have a subject image whose face is relatively symmetrical ( similar eyeshap, similar ears, proportional lips) and you do the following:
After placing guidelines in PS, actually draw dots around the eyeholes and nose  that will act as the actual guide points for where you will place the dots in FS. But do this only for ONE eye and ONE side of the nose. Make sure you draw these dots on  a NEW transparent layer on top of the image, then you duplicate this layer and horizontal flip it, position it so the dots are in the same place on opposing side of the face. Now you have prefectly matched symmetrical eyes, nose,  plus guidelines to get your face lined up right, etc. If you do not like the fact that you are creating a completely symmetrical face, tweak it later in Poser or whatever.

The point if this excersize is that with the guidelines and guide dots, you can get the dots placed in FS excatly where you intend with no mistake. Doing it without guides with that FS arrow  is aggravting- (i used to go BACK  or REMOVE  about 100 times  in one session.)

I do have a criticism of FS version 4.0  and that is that the Vicky morph target that comes ready in FS does not actually map to V 4.2 in Poser, so it is worthless. - I KNOW you can import your own OBJ of V4.2 head,  But it  would be so much easier if the one that is preloaded worked, because the lines are already drawn perfectly for you on the preloaded morph target! 

Santino,

I agree with almost everything you said above - thanks for the time to help others to get good results. The only one remark regards V4.2 - the reason why we choose to work closer with the DAZ Studio as default and not Poser, because FS is sold by DAZ and not by Contempt Paradise. But, as you stated, there's a workaround:-)
Laslo