Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 Infinite dead?

danway opened this issue on Nov 28, 2008 ยท 39 posts

kromekat posted Sat, 29 November 2008 at 9:41 AM

At the risk of sounding like a troll here (which is far from my intention), I ask myself that very question about ILM often! - have asked it here before, and never had an intelligent answer. Do they have an off the shelf copy or one that has been customised for them - you know, a finished bug free version?? ;)

I'm well aware of my computers capabilities btw - I don't just do this for a hobby. The point is, I have run 3 versions of this app on 5 different machines, all with different specs, different chip architecture (G4, G5 and Intel Xeon) and I have yet to have a version that could be called reliable by even the wildest stretch of the imagination, so I am GENUINELY fascinated by anybodies accounts of reliability - it's not my system, or the many, many others that have no faith in e-on's software that need examination. but moreover the few who are 'sympton - free' that need their systems placing in a lab with a whole bunch of e-on staff, so that THEY can understand why the things works for these guy, and not everybody else! ;) Either way, you obviously have crashes too, yet feel it's ok, cos you can anticipate the imminent crash!? - Not what I call a good software experience.

And yes, Cinema is the easiest to learn of the pro modelling/animation packages out there, and Vue is not in that arena. However the Vue interface, although a little quirky, isn't too bad at all. It's just unfortunate that you have that constant state of anticipation that if you hit the wrong button at the wrong time, the App will disapear from under your mouse pointer!

Adam

Adam Benton | www.kromekat.com