Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 Infinite dead?

danway opened this issue on Nov 28, 2008 · 39 posts

Rutra posted Sat, 29 November 2008 at 1:00 PM

Like I posted in several threads about this very same topic, my experience with Vue is very good. It's a very stable and reliable app. I've had it in two different systems, several different Vue versions and I've never had any serious problems. There's the occasional bug but nothing serious and for everything there's an easy workaround. My experience as a Vue user is excellent (more than 90%, Kromekat). True that I have around 1 or 2 crashes per week, when I push it to the limit, but I use it several hours per day with typically very heavy scenes (check out my gallery), so that's ok. Even Firefox crashes now and then if I have 30 open tabs, every app crashes now and then. In my experience, Vue doesn't crash more than others.

In the many threads about this very same topic, it's always the same: there are those users who are tormented with bugs and those who have a good Vue experience. I agree with you, Kromekat, that e-on should investigate a few of these extreme cases to the limit and try to understand where this huge difference comes from.

In my personal case, I have perfectly normal computers (XP32 and Vista64), with perfectly normal video cards (ATI and Nvidia), with perfectly normal chipset, etc. Cheap computers, really. I never worry about driver updates of any kind. All I do of "different" from the average user is to have my background apps and services to the minimum necessary (I have all bells and whistles turned off, no widgets, etc, not even screen saver). My Vue has the default configuration.