Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it okay to ask about Poser Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Nov 26, 2008 · 62 posts

kalon posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 9:19 AM

Quote - Just because some of you guys don't like these threads doesn't mean that some people may want to voice their opinions.
Those of you that don't like these threads can just as easily not waste your time reading or posting in them. It would seem like the sensible thing to do now wouldn't it?

Thank you, Dasquid...

There it is in a nutshell. This reflected belief that any forums contents must always please you... must always be of interest to you... It's so simple, you have choice. If you're not interested, don't look at this thread. Or if you've looked and find it's not to your liking, move on to something of more interest to you...

My understanding is that the rigid enforcement of these rules is the result of people complaining about too much linking to other products. At least, that was cited in earlier discussions. While I can understand concerns from a business aspect-- merchants fearing poser dollars will be spent elsewhere, the other side of the coin is that while I'm posting and reading in these forums I'm subjected to a variety of ads-- many of which (addict that I am) I succumb to. But if the strict enforcement of these rules change things to the extent that I go elsewhere for news, I'm not here to see those ads...

I've been offline since Wednesday, and on returning I see basically the same threads are still on the front page. Used to be a time when if you posted something and it didn't get a response within a few hours, you had to bump it from page 2 or 3 to get it back into the mix.Maybe it's just my perception, but it definitely seems Poser forum participation is down.

It seems strange to me that a site would limit outside linking, when the object is to support a software, sold elsewhere, that is so firmly intertwined with content-- the major components of which are located at yet another site... How many posts have there been by newbies, looking for Victoria in their runtimes?

Thank you StacyG for revisiting this. I've always thought the Renderosity forums were the most informative and the place where you were most likely to get an honest, non-biased opinion from the membership-- or at least variations in opinion.Be a shame to lose that.

kalonart.com