Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it okay to ask about Poser Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Nov 26, 2008 · 62 posts

MikeJ posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 10:39 AM

Quote - Just because some of you guys don't like these threads doesn't mean that some people may want to voice their opinions.
Those of you that don't like these threads can just as easily not waste your time reading or posting in them. It would seem like the sensible thing to do now wouldn't it?

Those of you who don't like these types of comments to these types of threads don't have to read them or comment either.
That argument doesn't make any sense. If everyone who ever didn't "like" certain threads or topics threads restrained from commenting in such threads, they would be kind of one-sided, wouldn't they be? Just one massive love-in or whine-fest.

All I was saying is the information is out there. You have the Free Stuff, the MP Showcase (or whatever it's called), the Front Page for major sale announcements, the Newsletter... other sites such as DAZ and their forums and Art Zone, a whole lot of miscellaneous Poser junk sites all over the 'net, and finally the Almighty Google

But noooooo... Poser people want what they want, where, when and how they want it and if even the people who own the site disagree it must be bad and wrong - because, dammit, Poser people DESERVE to get what they want no matter who likes it or not.

The militant vocal faction of the Poserverse seems unique in that respect. Probably because it's made up largely of amateurs, hobbyists, and little kids. Look around at some of the "pro" 3D sites like CG Talk and Autodesk's Area forums - you don't see this kind of crap tolerated.

So why should it be here? Why should RO have to allow something they don't want just because a handful of people think it's wrong?
With the ENORMOUS amount of Poser information "out there" all over the WWW, why is it so unreasonable that a forum dedicated to the discussion of a certain software and techniques therein remain free of all those ad threads?

Wait, I already answered my own question- Poser people want what they want, when they want it, how, where, and when they want it...

Never mind that maybe the site owners and adnins don't like the idea - that's irrelevant.