Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it okay to ask about Poser Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

gagnonrich opened this issue on Nov 26, 2008 · 62 posts

dasquid posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 11:31 AM

Quote -
The militant vocal faction of the Poserverse seems unique in that respect. Probably because it's made up largely of amateurs, hobbyists, and little kids. Look around at some of the "pro" 3D sites like CG Talk and Autodesk's Area forums - you don't see this kind of crap tolerated.

So why should it be here? Why should RO have to allow something they don't want just because a handful of people think it's wrong?

Oh so now WE are the militant vocal faction? what about the few people who complained about ..." too many ads" when there were never that many to begin with. what the poser community is made up from is irrelevant it is not what is important and getting insulting is about what I should come to expect from someone with their opinion set in stone. This isn't "elitist talk" or "I have more cash than you so Im more important than you" here this is Renderosity. I think everyone here is equal unless you are a mod or admin and I only see a few of those tags in this thread and none of them are making judgements like you are.

If I remember correctly from what the various admins have said about the situation and what brought this insane (in my opinion only) tos change, was people complaining about the commercial and freebie threads in the Poser forum. Oh my god Renderosity admins changed something because a handfull of people complained because they thought it was wrong?

To the Admins: Sorry if this reply here was way over the top  you may delete it if you think it is necessary to keep the thread unlocked or even just to delete whatever you think is  too much. I am just tired of  people acting like the ones who don't think this particular TOS change is such a good idea are a tiny fraction of the population of Renderosity. The only true way to make sure would be to have a poll of some sort but thats all up to you guys.

dasquid