Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is a "Zign"? --- and why does it cost $119 [facial animation capture]

operaguy opened this issue on Nov 10, 2008 · 19 posts

renderclipps posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 8:35 PM

IMHO Mimic and Zign Track are two different programs.

But after a week of trying I think I've managed to finally get it to work, well 90% I think, just the morphs to go and hopefully maybe someone here can help me with this....

1. If running vista, make the program run in xp compatibility mode.
  2. Program only accepts .AVI   Intel IYUV codec
  3. Only use 1 field of video, delete the second. (any problems dload Virtual Dub and the Vdub deinterlace filter  to both convert to IYUV & deinterlace. )Free
  4. Lighting and colour of marker were an issue with me !!! Unfortuately our air conditioning has broken down, during the day, I'm sweating so the markers don't stick. Also I found that green markers worked best with my skin tone but I'm black.
  5. I found tracking small amounts of markers and then re-tracking using the "do not overwrite previuos marker" option worked best
  6. So far head movements look quite good but that is in "preview" I haven't rendered to video yet.There are lots of adjustments controls/filters I haven't tried.

When I tried to export to pozer I only got the head movements and not the expressions or mouth movements. So I watched this very low quality Youtube video about exporting to poser. I realised there was still a bit of work to do :-(

I'm using an M3 head. The morph names for Zign Track are totally different. Hopefully the manufacturer can let the Renderosity forum users know what morph names are used for M3/4 V3/4 & A3/4 as these are the most popular 3d characters on the planet. Or if there is a forum user that knows please let me know :-)    I've attached a photo of the morphs in question...

One plus point, when I initially sent their support team an email. The reply was almost instant which is rear these days.

Mimic is so much easier but again two different programs