Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: More Cover Art

AARoberts opened this issue on Sep 23, 1999 ยท 26 posts

Tartan posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 10:39 AM

I saw the other post also featuring the bootleg cover art of Jack Gaugan on the old ace edition of Lord of the Rings.. the unauthorized version. Its nice to see the cover here by Kelly Freas. Freas (for those who don't know) has won more Hugos for art (10 as I recall) than any other artist in history. So what does this have to do with Poser Tani? Inspiration, pure and simple. I remember that it was Kelly Freas, John Schoenner, and other Astounding/Analog artists that first got me interested in art and writing. One of the first images I did with Poser and Bryce was based on the 72 cover done by Kelly Freas, called the "Second Kind of Loneliness" Make fun of him and his images all you want Pan. (hehe) You are looking at one of Premier Sceince Fiction artists of all time. Arthur, If you want and if my copies arent too beat up, I have a fairly good selection of Analogs dating from around 65 until the early 80s.. also a lot of Fantasy and Science Fiction, If, Amazing, Fantastic and Isaac Asimov, covers. Just ask and I will see if I have it. If I do I will scan them for you