Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: More Cover Art

AARoberts opened this issue on Sep 23, 1999 ยท 26 posts

Larry F posted Thu, 23 September 1999 at 1:16 PM

James Bama did a whole lot of covers for Louis L'Amour westerns in paperback and a bunch of the Doc Savaga paperpacks, as well as a slew of others, not to mention the fact that he has done extremely well in the "WELL" department, i.e., well known, well respected, well received, etc., and is a true western scene painter of great renown. MAN, that guy could (can?) really put the paint to the paper/canvas/wood/surface. Seems like his work might easily be simulated/emulated/recalled in a program like Poser 3,4, but probably not duplicated too well by any other than himself. Yeah, you could say I like him. AARoberts, those covers bring back memories. Even mention of the ACE covers conjures up memories of Andre Norton, Richard S. Prather, Murray Leinster, Poul Anderson, EARLY paperback editions of Arthur C. Clark (i.e., Childhood's End), Asimov (Foundation sreies?), Clifford D. Simak and the old world destroyer/saver himself, Edmond D. Hamilton. MAN, you didn't want to live on a planet that guy wrote about! Ha! Guess I'm giving away decades here. Time to stop rambling. Larry F P.S. Refreshing to see appreciation of the relevance of stuff predating computer graphics in general and 3D in particular. Say, hand me my bib and put me back in restraints will ya, nurse?