Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: VSS Skin Test - Opinions

bagginsbill opened this issue on Apr 23, 2008 · 2832 posts

hborre posted Tue, 09 December 2008 at 8:42 PM

@hairydalek:  I understand what you are implying.  I also had the same problem with the LK-Lyra texture for V4 by lkiilerich.  This vendor uses node shaders for the skin texturing so essentially I'm replacing one set of nodes for another.  I don't know which version of Poser you are using but I'm going to assume you are using PoserPro.  The reasoning is that what you are encountering is actually over gamma correction applied both the VSS nodes and the Poser render settings. 

Hopefully I'm doing this correctly, the included image are renders performed with IBL white @ 20% accompanied with 1 White Spot Light @ 40 % Intensity.  Left image is the base texture, center is rendered with VSS, Gamma Correction 2.2, and right image rendered with VSS, Gamma Correction 1.  As you can see, the center image is somewhat acceptable but has an overall gray appearance and is considerably lighter than it's counterpart on the left.

By going into the material room and changing the GC from 2.2 to 1.0, not only do you restore the skin textue but you improve the quality of the render.