Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming shoes - how???

ahudson opened this issue on Dec 09, 2008 · 54 posts

Letterworks posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 11:28 AM

ahudson,

Without looking at the CR2 generated when you save yoour test shoe I can't be sure but I think I have an idea as to what;s going on.

First when you bring the test object into poser you are adding the skeleton via the setup room. Peronally I don;t recommend this... you'd be a lot beter off bbuying one of the commercial programs like Dimension3D's tools or WardrobeWizard and learning how to transfer the skeleton with those. For one thing most of those programs will eleminate a lot of unneccesary information from your final CR2 files.

That aside what may be happening is that when you bring in V4's bones to use as donor they are in a POSED position while your object is in the zero position.  Check this by loading the figure you are using as a donor (without th shoe object in the pose room) and note if it loads with the feet flat vs the floor or in the toe down zero position. If the feet are in the flat position that may be your problem. Try zeroing out the V4 figure and resaving it then using the zeroed figure as your donor.

Give this a try and see what happens. If it doesn;t work I'll see what else I can come up with.