Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming shoes - how???

ahudson opened this issue on Dec 09, 2008 · 54 posts

ahudson posted Wed, 10 December 2008 at 4:40 PM

Well, I am slowly getting somewhere.

Using the Devkit V4 is a bit tricky since she has no visible feet (I just had a thought as I typed this that maybe they were there but invisible but nver mind).

This is what i just did:

But.
When I flex V4 right foot, the box "shoe" still slightly squishes or stretches (just like my last image #8 above).

I started again, loaded a purchased V4 shoe and moved bent her fooot quite a lot... no deformation of the shoe.

(*** I should mention that at the marked point I tried several times to donate the V4 zeroed that I made but this did not work. At the end, when conforming the finished shoe it would conform in the wrong place (slightly off her foot). I did some tests and I determined that if you load V4, zero her and load her back in and check all her joints they are not quite zero - 0.000123 and similar. This does not happen with the dev kit V4.)

Soooo... if anyone is still following along...

I am nearly there. Better than EVER before (and I have been trying this for months - off and on) but I just need to understand how to stop poser deforming something rigid like a fashion shoe.

Any ideas on this last hurdle please anyone???

I would be,
"Eternally Grateful of the UK"
if anyone could help me for this last bit