Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: M4 rendering blue

chrisdoa opened this issue on Dec 20, 2008 · 7 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 20 December 2008 at 5:19 PM

Wait! If they are V4 style shaders, there skin diffuse color is supposed to be blue, to compensate for the excessive amount of red that it built into the texture map.

However, these V4 style shaders include colors and other choices that implicitly take into account the absence of gamma correction on earlier versions of Poser.

But Poser PRO has gamma correction. So before you muck with everything, answer this: are you rendering with gamma correction? Are your prepared to address the differences inherent in knowning how to render with GC? (You get better results, but almost every light set and shader that is out there, including many of mine, are going to misbehave without tuning for GC rendering.)

If the answer is you don't want to deal with all that, then simply turn it off, and Poser Pro will behave like the Poser's of old. Shaders with built-in GC effects should be used this way.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)